Cricket is a bat-and-ball game played between two teams of eleven players each on a 22-yard pitch comprising two bails balanced on three stumps at each end. The batting side scores runs by striking the ball bowled while the bowling side tries to dismiss batsmen by preventing the ball from leaving the field.
Cricket is a simple game by which the innings ends when ten out of eleven batsmen get out, the teams swap roles to finish the second innings for a result. There will be two on-field umpires, one third umpire, and a match referee, who judge the game. The scorers record the match’s statistical information such as number of runs scored, number of overs bowled, number of wickets taken, and more.
The real cricket was first played in 16th century. Since then, it has spread globally with an expansion of British empire and gained popularity in India in the early 19th century. The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the game’s governing body, which has over 100 members, twelve of which has acquired the status of test playing nations as full members.
Since decades a passion for cricket has united people in India with diverse views and beliefs. Cricket is more like a religion in the country and the players are regarded as the role models of the generation. However, with the transition from tests to T20s to fantasy cricket, the supporters and enthusiasts are keen to keep a track of all these changes.
Difference Between Real Cricket and Fantasy Cricket
Real cricket in India
- Despite Hockey being the Indian national sport, it is cricket which is ruling the hearts of the citizens.
- There are many physical benefits of playing real cricket. Since it involves constant running on the field, it helps increase stamina.
- It enhances the body balance and stability as the game requires the highest-level of concentration.
- Improves hand-eye coordination.
- The game of cricket is a perfect full-body workout for amateurs and professional cricketers follow their strict fitness schedule.
- As playing cricket is all about teamwork and coordination with the teammates, it enhances concentration, judgemental skills, communication, and social skills.
- Best way to de-stress and release negative energies and boosts positivity and well-being.
Fantasy Cricket in India
- Fantasy cricket can be played for competition or for fun.
- It brings in more people from all over the world together under one IPL fantasy league platform.
- It helps users to conduct research to uncover unknown information on athletes.
- More exposure to sports leads to more opportunities to fans to earn monetary benefits from the game.
- It tests the users’ analytical skills and cricketing knowledge and provides a satisfying experience of owning a team.
- It is a great way of staying connected with the fellow cricket lovers from across the world and compete in contests at your own convenience.
- Since fantasy cricket onlineinvolves real money, you get a practical exposure on how to manage and invest money.
How Cricket Has Maintained and Enhanced its Popularity
Cricket has been around since the 16th century. With the technological advancements and an inspiration from the western world has paved way for online gaming concept. Since then, cricket has become a worldwide sport that is loved by millions is a testament to its appealing nature. Its growth has spread like a wildfire over the past few years.
Fantasy cricketconcept is inspired from fantasy footballUSA. Therewas an attempt to add a desi flavour to a foreign concept and that is how the sites like Dream11 has drafted this online game in India.
Fantasy cricket is a part of the fantasy sports genre. It is an online game in which a virtual team of real cricket players is created and points are being earned depending on how the selected players perform in actual matches. It is a web-based sport where users can make their virtual group consisting of real cricket players. The higher your fantasy points, the better your chance of winning.
In the Dream11 fantasy cricket app, you can participate in cricket leaguewhile the real match is being played on the ground. You can sit back in your living room, experiencing the perfect cricket game, and earn real cash while having fun. Fantasy league is the term that everyone understands today. With Dream11, you can experience the true fever of cricket on the ground using a smartphone.
Nowadays, playing fantasy cricket league has become quite normal as it is easy to install the app that lets you play the game in your way.
Fantasy cricket is a simple game that allows you to play at your convenience while on the go as opposed to the real cricket. So, if you are a cricket fan, you must try to understand the T20 fantasy league concepts and play the game.